What is Blackboard?
Blackboard (Bb) is the University’s Virtual Learning Environment, providing an online space for staff and students to interact. It is designed to provide a dedicated site for every module taught at the University. Make sure you check Blackboard regularly for staff announcements, key dates, module information and reference guides.
Blackboard often provides a one-stop-shop for all your course materials. Depending on your module, it may also be used for the following:
- Discussion Forums
- Hosting and management of online assessments
- Collaborative areas for group work with communication and file sharing facilities
- Online submission of student work
- Embedding multimedia content
- Links to external resources